In addition to the homes built by Pelham's early settlers and the dwellings situated on her great farms and mills, Pelham was the site of many houses built in the late eighteenth and early nineteenth century. Some of these homes were simple structures and others were quite grand for such a small community. The following list contains the locations of many of these houses.

Beginning in the early 1800s, Pelham was divided geographically into five school districts. The houses discussed here are grouped by corresponding school district:

District No. 1: Pelham Center
District No. 2: Gumpus
District No. 3: North Pelham
District No. 4: Gage Hill
District No. 5: Currier Highlands

The Houses of District No. 1

The Tyler House (1858). Tax Map 22, lot 7-236-1. Nashua Road.

The Joseph Richardson House. Tax Map 21, lot 3-103. Tenney Road.

The Frank Stickney House (1892). Currently: The Town of Pelham - Senior Center. Tax Map 22, lot 8-143. Nashua Road.

The Aaron Grosvenor House (1810). Tax Map 22, lot 7-1. Atwood Road.

The Russell Richardson House (1858). Tax Map 22, lot 8-138. Windham Road.

The Hastings House (1858). Tax Map 22, lot 7-250. Pelham Center.

The Sherman Hobbs House (1858). Tax Map 8, lot 9-144-5. Windham Road.

The Miranda Pattee House. Tax Map 22, lot 8-123. Windham Road.

The Joshua and Daniel N. Atwood House. Tax Map 22, lot 7-248 and 249. Pelham Center.

The Beulah Stiles House (1892). Tax Map 22, lot 8-139. Windham Road.

The John Woodbury House. Tax Map 22, lot 8-118. Main Street.

The Mary Spaulding House. Tax Map 22, lot 8-122. Windham Road.

The Mary Currier Berry House. Tax Map 22, lot 8-119. Nashua Road.

The Atwood House. Tax Map 22, lot 8-27. Old Gage Hill Road South.

The Rev. John H. Church House (1814). Tax Map 22, lot 8-142. Nashua Road.

The Amos Batchelder House (1858 and 1892). Tax Map 21, lot 3-67. Corner of Nashua and Tenney Roads.

The Moody Hobbs House (1858). The house no longer exists. It was located at the corner of Windham and Hobbs Roads.

The Houses of District No. 2

The Jonas Keyes House (1858 and 1892). Tax Map 38, lot 1-109. Sherburne Road.

The T. M. Massee House (1858), also known as the Cloyd House. Tax Map 39 , lot 1-24. Corner of Mammoth and Marsh Roads.

The Seth Cutter House (1799), also known as the Lucky Acres Farm. Tax Map 21, lot 3-107. Mammoth Road.

The L. Jones House (1858). The house and barn no longer exist. Tax Map 27, lot 2-45-2. Mammoth Road.

The A. Butler, Jr. House (1858). Tax Map 34, lot 2-26. Mammoth Road.

The C. Stiles House (1858). The house no longer exists. Tax Map 21, lot 3-104. Mammoth Road.

The J. Derbyshire House (1858). Tax Map 14, lot 3-91. Mammoth Road.

The Henry A. Jones House (1892). Tax Map 39, lot 1-57. Mammoth Road.

The Houses of District No. 3

The J. Hobbs House. Tax Map 3, lot 9-137. Tallant Road.

The The H. Runnels House (1858). Tax Map 1, lot 5-103. Lawrence Corner Road.

The A. S. Smith House (1858). Tax Map 2, lot 5-158. Mammoth Road.

The M. Spofford House (1892). Tax Map 2, lot 5-152. The house no longer exists. It was located at the corner of Mammoth Road & Keyes Hill Road.

The R. McCann House (1858). Tax Map 2, lot 5-157. Mammoth Road.

The J. M. Hobbs House (1858). Tax Map 3, lot 5-177. Tallant Road.

The J. Balboni House. Tax Map 1, lot 5-137. Castle Hill Road.

The Houses of District No. 4

The A. Kittredge House (1858). Tax Map 17, lot 12-231. Ledge Road.

The Arthur Bedard House (thought to have been company-owned for quarry workers). Tax Map 17, lot 12-187. Bedard Road.

The M. H. Webster House (1858). Tax Map 16, lot 13-136. Hobbs Road.

A Kittredge House (1858). Tax Map 17, lot 12-270. Old Gage Hill Road North.

The G. Titcomb House (1858). Tax Map 13, lot 37-2. Old Gage Hill Road North.

Another Kittredge House (1858). Tax Map 17, lot 12-272. Old Gage Hill Road North.

The M. Webster House (1858). Tax Map 17, lot 13-42. Old Gage Hill Road North.

The J. P. White House (1858). Tax Map 18, lot 12-15-1. Old Gage Hill Road North.

The A. Gage House (1858). Tax Map 17, lot 12-181. Old Gage Hill Road North.

The No. 4 School House. Tax Map 17, lot 13-59. Old Gage Hill Road North.

The H. D. O'Leary House. Tax Map 25, lot 12-222. Ledge Road.

The S. W. Webster House (1858). Tax Map 17, lot 12-227. Ledge Road.

The Harvey Perreault House. Tax Map 17, lot 12-180. Old Gage Hill Road North.

The Bailey House (1858). Tax Map 17, lot 12-232. Ledge Road.

The Allen Young House. Tax Map 17, lot 12-183. Ledge Road.

The Houses of District No. 5

The "Misses" Lyon House (1858), also known as the Stone Cottage. Tax Map 35, lot 10-315. Bridge Street.

The G. Carleton House (1858). Tax Map 29, lot 7-101. Highland Avenue.

The M. Bailey House (1858). Tax Map 29, lot 7-114. Bridge Street.

The Thistle House (1858 and 1892). Tax Map 37, lot 11-46. Dutton Road.

The E. Richardson House (1858). Tax Map 35, lot 10-194. Currier Road.

The S. Richardson House. Tax Map 42, lot 10-180. Jericho Road.

The R. Richardson House (1858). Tax Map 42, lot 10-109. Jericho Road.

The J. T. Kent House (1892). Tax Map 28, lot 7-138. Willow Street.

Much of the information found in the Historical Town Sites section of this website was taken from the Reflections, A Pictorial History Of Pelham, New Hampshire 1746 - 1996, Published by The Pelham 250th Anniversary Committee, copyright 1998 and the Pelham 250th Anniversary Souvenir/Program Book, Published by The Pelham 250th Anniversary Committee, copyright 1996.  There are still copies of these books available at our On-Line Bookstore, as well as other historical books and records.

Go to top